Monday, August 18, 2008

Entry 0011 - Red Alert! Red Alert!

Bekalan harian Adam.
7 packs of frozen EBM.
One thawed and heated to suam-suam EBM.
And a pacifier.


Every weekend, I do my stock count. Last week it was 56x3oz. Yesterday it was depleted to 49x3oz. Last week Adam consumed more than what I 'produced' via pumping. Plus, on Sunday, he refused direct feeding. Nak botol dia tu.

I am the kind yang susah nak increasekan production. I tried lobak putih, kurma merah, betik, oat, fenugreek -> all to very minimal effect. Tapi tetap ku telan jua. Manalah tau kot-kot stop all those, nanti production decrease pulak kan. Janji usaha tu ada.



Based on my readings, one of the remedy to inscrease breastmilk is dried longan. I've tested it. Like I said earlier, to minimal effect but hey,.. sungguh sedap okeh. Bought some dried ones in one of those stalls in MidValley. RM4 for a small pack. Second time I bought from kedai singseh in Cheras Perdana, RM6 for medium pack. Last I bought was from Carrefour MidValley that went by weight.

I normally boiled a big pot (about 3 litres) of water with brown sugar or 'nnesang kerek'. Then I added dried longan and have it simmered for another 1/2 hour. Leave to cool and indulge. Kalau masuk fridge, perghhh... lagi lah best. Since I am breastfeeding and can be considered baru bersalin jugak, I need to minimise my iced/cold food.

Try lah, best tau.

2 comments:

Zuedin said...

fuh lepas ni saya lak nak cuba dried longan... EBM baru ada dekat 50 pack. tinggal seminggu lagi je nak naik keje. naik2 je dah posa. takutnya. camner nak bagi bnyk susu masa poser ni. minum memang kena bnyk..tapi biler baca yg kat forum tu kata nanti production merudum...tensen lak jadinya...sekarang ni sehari boleh la dapat at least 3x3oz - 5x3oz

ummi said...

zue ~ bebenda ni kena try-and-error. tak semua benda boleh serasa dengan badan kita. cam akak ni ha, still tak jumpa apa benda boleh increase bm.